Monday, October 4, 2010

October 2010 - children photography, business in photography, wedding photography...

Hello,

I think October 2010 will be the highlight to the year.

The month started early at 7am on 1 Oct 2010 and 6 shoots on 1 day with twins newborn session which went really well and the day ended at 11.30pm. So that is about 17 hours. Follow by newborn session almost everyday since 29 September.

Apart from the photography, it is a privileged to run a course on "Business in Photography" for fellow photographer who is either new to the business, struggling to get enough jobs to make the ends meet to photographer who is looking to expanding their business.

The course was attended by 11 professional photographers and freelance Photographers. It was fully booked about 5 days from the initial introduction, I guess people are curious about how we gain enormous business in a very short time and maintain it. There is no secret and no magic.. Just an honest business practice by creating interesting images that client is looking for.

The course was suppose to run for 2 hours but over run by another 3 hours due to the amount of questions and interest from the attendees. I think I should run another one if I can squeeze in a time for it...

I lost my voice for a couple of days and still run like a headless chicken... The peak season is truly here... And I feel a lot more creative than before and have been trying a lot of new set of images which will be introduced when I am ready.

Well, as of end of September, our total number of shoot per month has been exceeded in Oct but we will try to squeeze in more clients as we believe in serving our clients rather than turn people away by telling them we are fully booked.

There are a couple of wedding shoots this months along with the usual family and newborn photography...

Well, It is always said, when you are busy, it is a good problem to have... And I guess all the upgrade in our infrastructures was a good decision to make and hope our ridiculous target will be met again... And we are a step closer to our dream.

I took on what Steve Jobs' mention in his speech at Stanford graduation ceremony...

Stay hungry and stay foolish...

Love my life and love my work.. (although lack of sleep)

Regards,

Hart

No comments: