Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Outdoor or Studio - Children Photography

It has been nearly 2 years since we have our little studio in East Coast.

Every month, I could count the number of sessions I do in my studio with one hand... some months, we don't even have any in our studio...

Why? studio is cool, aircon, control lighting, background... etc.. it is comfortable and somewhat easy... 

We are doing 95% or more shoots outdoor....  are we really that crazy? We started without the studio, and we end up not using much studio since we have it anyway... but it is a good space to work, admire my own work and best of all, watching a movie when I feel creative juice is running low for the day... It is a space for me to "grow", for me to "reflect" and for me to "meet clients" but somehow, shooting in studio isn't something I am looking for as it is less challenging to me.

Well, many of us, Singapore is a new home, it is a place where we want to explore, every corner seems to be interesting and I am still amaze with Orchard Road, Emerald Hill, Botanic Gardens, East Coast Park, Hort Park, and many other places in Singapore...

The fact is, studio shots can be achieved, when you are in London, Singapore, Sydney, Japan, or just any part of the world... but can you have "Singapore Botanic Gardens"? or can you have "East Coast Park"? any where in the world? 

We have recently shoot a couple of sessions in the rain... I must admit... it is challenging but yet, it is very very interesting. The lighting is simply irresistable and it is a lot "cooler" and for the first time, we have Botanic Garden to ourselves... just me and a family of 3 with a 5 months old baby... I recall, my client told me, they have never seen Botanic Garden so beautiful and calm before...

I love the outdoor... do you? 

Regards,

Hart
Tomato Photo
www.tomato.sg

No comments: