Friday, December 17, 2010

Great Shot vs Missed Shot - Newborn Photographer Singapore

Hi all,

Often in life, a lot of great moments happen too quickly and may not even last for a few moments.

Newborn in their "fetus position" would only happen in the first 10 days or so in their life... 

I started doing Newborn photography in early 2009 for young newborn (5-8 days) for one main reason, that is to preserve the memory of the newborn as how they might be in the mother's womb.  

In fact, in all my photography, what is important to me is the "feel", the "mood" and the "moment" shared.

As a father, it is always amazing to look at newborn as they being delivered, count those tiny little fingers and toes... almost translucent thin skin...

It is still amazing every time I see newborn... they are so young, but they do know what they want pretty early in life... 

Many have seen images on our website and always wondering how on earth a guy learn how to handle the young and fragile newborn, let alone taking the images.... hahahaha... yes, I do get that quite very often...

Anyway... here are 2 images which taken about 10 minutes apart... one is a miss shot and one is a shot that I am proud of... 

I am pretty sure, if I don't show the one on the top, many of my clients would be happy with the "missed" shot...

However, in real life, I am a person which demand for the best from myself and I believe my client deserve the best I could produce both in work and service, not a rush and incomplete total experience. 

It is a combination of patience, understand the fundamental of photography, understand the fundamental of children behavior as well as understand the fundamental of the parents' reaction allow me to gain trust from all my clients to allow me to "work" and produce images that is unique for my clients.

Now the question some might ask, Is this shot Photoshop? Of Course... 

I was really "hate" photoshop about 5 years ago and think the best images should be captured as it is... my true confession is... because, I don't know how to use Photoshop back then...

One word about digital photography is, it is no longer a straight record of an image, it is about the photographer's vision on what the photographer see and feel and with the combination of the technical, the feeling and the emotion, it enable the photographer to fully "express" his/her vision... it is true in my case... some might challenge that....

Regards,

Hart
Tomato Photo
www.tomato.sg

No comments: