Thursday, November 18, 2010

work vs family life.... how to balance them....

Hello all....

I thought this is quite an interesting topic to post as I was joking about it with Polo this afternoon...

Here is how our little Tomato family do it....

As many would know, we have 2 beautiful and active boys....

I want to function as a Daddy, someone who preserve memories for my clients, retoucher to images that I shoot, the QC manager to all my images and products, a delivery man for products to all our clients, (yes, I insist to do it myself for item that can't be posted safely), a husband and someone who put food on the table at the same time..... and hopefully have something left for the children's education in the future...

As we know, we have 24 hours in a day... every month, on average, I shoot about 1-2 sessions per day... 

Many of our clients might have seen our little Tomato Photo van which have a big red TOMATO on its roof running around...
If you see 4 people in it... that me, Polo, Alex and Oliver.... so say hi next time if you happen to past by our little Tomato Van.

So we pack 4 people, water and food for the kiddo and us, client's order, cameras and lenses and off we go....

Me shooting, Polo bring kids around to post client's order, feed them and keep them happy... then we meet again as a family... in between if I have the time, I will bring them to Sentosa if I have shoots in Sentosa and Alex loves the "monorail" and you won't believe how often we are at the zoo....

Take a typical day like today... (of course, if I am doing 3-5 sessions a day... I will be all alone).....

  • We wake up at 7ish am.. feed the kids....
  • We put everyone and everything in the van at 10am...
  • ---- still squeeze in a quick shop for kiddo's food at Tanglin mall... before the first delivery...
  • 1st delivery at 10:30am....
  • 2nd delivery at 11:30am...
  • Butterfly park at Sentosa at 11:45am
  • Lunch at 1pm
  • Shoot at 2pm
  • 3rd delivery at 4pm
  • Singapore zoo at 4:30pm
  • Home at 7pm.

Kids are asleep by 8pm and its time to reply emails... download images, process images.... and if we are lucky... 12 midnight when everything slows down...

Of course, we also take phone call, reply email on our iPad and schedule sessions on the run... and thank Steve jobs for iPad and whoever invented Mobile internet... we are greatful for it...

So please pardon me if I get distracted with kids yelling in the van or you can hear children's voices in the background...
So... it that will be a typical "working and family time" for our little Tomato family....

I think with the amount of car ride for the kiddo, they should do fine for Bali round trip everyday in the plane... hahahaha

and lastly... I thank God for giving me the energy and health to run around; and clients for the opportunity for us to spend time together....and most importantly... Glad that Singapore is pretty small which one can do so many things in a day....

Regards,

Hart
Tomato Photo
www.tomato.sg

No comments: